Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dave Matthews Album Big Whiskey and the Groogrugrux King





Album song list: 1. Grux, 2. Shake Me Like A Monkey, 3. Funny The Way It Is, 4. Lying In The Hands of God, 5. Why I Am, 6. Dive In, 7. Spaceman, 8. Squirm, 9. Alligator Pie, 10. Seven, 11. Time Bomb, 12. Baby Blue, 13. You and Me. \

I don't only enjoy this album because I am a pretty big Dave Matthews fan, but I enjoy this album because I really like all the songs and how he came out with a really good new album. I will say a lot of his old songs are his big hits and a lot of my favorites, but him coming out with this album I think was a good thing for him. I'm sure there are those out there who don't like it even some of my friends..they say his old music is better. I'm not saying that I like all his new songs better cause I'm always going to like his old music more but I still really like it.
The two songs I chose above are probably my most favorite from the album. I like them a lot because I enjoy the flow that the songs give off and I like the lyrics. Some of the lyrics don't really make sense to me and there very unrealistic, but they are different and cool. The timbre in these two songs are cool and kind of not normal I guess you could say. They are different and I think that is what makes them interesting.
The expressiveness and technique that Dave put into this album was really different than his old music which makes it such an interesting album and mostly why it caught my eye. I think Dave did a really good job at bringing the sound to life in his songs through this album. For the presentation in this album it defiantly meets my expectations. The impact this album has had on me is that I'm glad Dave came out with it because it has proved to me that even though his old music is really good even if he goes a little different he is still such a great artist.
I was going to go see Dave in concert this summer, July 21st, but stupid me waited too long to get tickets and then they got sold out. I was really disappointed. There are some songs on this album that I don't enjoy as much as the others which are songs 6 through 12. I don't really like these as much as the rest because they were just too slow and not my type. I mean honestly I haven't listened to them as much as the others so maybe I just need to try them out more and see if they can grow on me..I'm sure they can. Overall for this album I was really pleased and liked it a lot. Hopefully soon Dave will come somewhere close so I can go see him and hear him perform some of these songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment